Excellence is mundane-
Excellence is accomplished through the doing of actions, ordinary in themselves, performed consistently and carefully, habitualized, compounded together, added up over time.
...these differences...taken one step at a time, are terribly difficult.
The author went on to say examples like:
- the student came to class or practice on time
- the actor attends one more audition
- the businessperson went ahead and made a tough phone call
- the unemployed worker writes one more letter
- an injured runner decides to enter the race
- a teenager asks for a date to the girl he's had the biggest crush on
The action in itself is n o t h i n g special.
35 Do not lose your fearlessness now, then, since the reward is so great.
Post a Comment